Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

For the comments and feedback assignment, I'll go through the questions in the assignment and answer them!


1. Feedback in. Overall, how would you rate the quality of the comments and feedback you are receiving from other students in the class? What kinds of comments are you finding to be the most useful? 
A: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest quality, I would say that most comments range from a 6-8. Comments with insightful questions are always good. Comments that highlight what worked well in my story are also helpful so that I can replicate it.
 
2. Feedback out. Similarly, how would you rate the quality of the comments and feedback you are leaving for other students? Have you found some good strategies that help you give detailed feedback? Are you getting some good ideas for your own writing as you analyze other people's writing?
A: I think I've done a good job of giving comments for the most part! I try to compliment a specific detail of the writing and also ask a helpful question. Analyzing other people's writing has definitely helped me with my storytelling.
 
3. Blog comments. Do you have a sense of getting to know people by connecting with them at their blogs? Are you happy with how your Introduction post and how your blog in general provides a space where people can get to know you?
A: I think so! I am happy with those spaces and how they've worked so far.
 
4. Looking forward. What do you want/need to do differently to make the feedback assignments more useful for others and/or more useful for you? Do you want to make any changes to your Comment Wall and/or your Introduction?
A: I will continue to work on finding good questions and helpful critiques. I like my wall/intro how they are for now!
 
5. Image. Take a look through the "Feedback Cats" and "Feedback Infographics" to find one that expresses what you think is a really important aspect of the feedback process, and explain why you chose that image in particular.
A: I like this image because listening is important and undervalued. This infographic shows how we can be better listeners, which helps us give better feedback in life!

The sketchnote is by Tanmay Vora:
I found it on the Growth Mindset blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment