Thursday, August 22, 2019

Time Strategies


Salvador Dali's "Profile of Time." Source:Wikimedia

For the time strategies assignment, I read two interesting articles on how to better manage my time. Both pieces made me reconsider some of my time-spending habits! This article on overcoming procrastination by Peter Banerjea encouraged readers to ask relevant questions to ourselves about how we're spending our time. The most helpful question for me to read was "What one thing can I do to get started?" This question can serve as a practical tool to help you achieve small goals.
I also read an article on reframing being "busy" by Tim Grahl. The author discussed how thinking of yourself as constantly busy leads to recurring, unhealthy time management decisions. Instead, we should think of how we spend our time as a series of choices and priorities.
These articles were helpful to read and encouraged me to think about procrastination a bit differently. I don't typically have problems with procrastination on class assignments, but the tips found in the articles are applicable to all sorts of tasks. This semester, I hope to use my time in more intentional ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment