Monday, August 26, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

Here are my reading list choices!

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Saints and Animals

Week 4: Gospel of Mark

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: The Life of Buddha

Week 6: Twenty-Two Goblins

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9: China

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Mississippi/Great Lakes

Week 11: Inuit (Eskimo)

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Celtic Tales

Week 13: Alice in Wonderland

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Ashliman

Week 15: Inferno


I'm definitely excited for these readings! I'm quite interested in religion, so weeks 3, 4, and 5 will all be enjoyable for me. I'm considering studying abroad in China soon, so I'm also looking forward to reading week 9. I've always wanted to read Dante's Inferno but never found a good opportunity, so reading some of it on week 15 will be an awesome end to this course. 

Gustave Doré's illustration to Dante's Inferno. Plate XVIII: Canto V
Source: Wikimedia

I chose this image because, out of all the readings, I'm probably the most excited about Inferno. I found this image and was struck by the dark, swirling scene. 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment